The role of a Public Relations Officer
1. To build up the rapport of the client/company or government
2. To disseminate the client's/government 's information
3. To communicate the sentiments of the chief minister/client to the public on special occasion
4. To gently refute certain allegations made to the govt or minister by public or press
5. To assist the client/Minster in whatever he requires whether to prepare speech, to write press notes, condolences messages, press report etc.
The various tools that a public relations officer can use are verbal communication, non verbal communication, written communication, audio-visual communication and social media.
A good public relations officer is a person who can see from the perspective of the client/company/govt., smell what people will say about the client, taste what the client say, touch what he touches, hear what the minister hears.